Job Category: 4 - Human Resources
Job Number: JO10000138
VENTEON Finance is hiring a USA PAYROLL MANAGER to provide support in the Troy, MI area. You will oversee high volume multistate payroll processing and provide direct support for the Payroll Specialists stationed at the plants.
POSITION TYPE: Full time. Direct Hire. In office 4 days/Hybrid 1 day per week.
PAY: $90,000 to $120,000 annual plus bonus potential, PTO, and Benefits package.
Requirements of the USA Payroll Manager:
Duties of the USA Payroll Manager:
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting or a related field is required.
- CPP or other HR/Payroll certification is a plus.
- Payroll management work experience, preferably in the manufacturing industry. Person with a collaborative mindset, willing to support and train staff.
- High volume, multi state payroll experience with a minimum of 2,000 paychecks needed.(Will oversee processing for 4,000+ weekly and biweekly paychecks).
- Experience processing payroll in-house using SAP software required.
- Experience supporting more than one location needed. Ability to provide support for escalated issues.
- Experience with Payroll Tax Compliance desired.
- Oversee the payroll team handling weekly and biweekly payroll for 4,000+ multi-state employees using SAP Software.
- Work with multiple plants HR team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payrolls and process off-cycle payroll requests.
- Provide advanced analytical/problem solving activities for payroll process, system, and service delivery issues.
- Work to identify and implement continuous improvements.
- Input quarterly expatriate payroll information.
- Process all child support, tax levies, garnishments, and student loans.
- Perform payroll audits to review earnings, deductions, pay calculations and withholdings.
- Year-end processing includes verifying benefits reporting/tax amounts on W2 s and any corrected forms.
- Ensure tax compliance for foreign employees on local contracts and employees with work visas.
- Remain current on all payroll tax laws and regulations, educate, and train plant HR and advise leadership of changes.
- Research and respond to federal and state tax inquiries and notices.
- Manage unemployment rates and quarterly tax reports.
- Perform Payroll special projects.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to MLudwig@venteon.us.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today.