Job Category: 4 - Human Resources
Job Number: JO10000081
VENTEON Finance has a great opportunity for a USA PAYROLL MANAGER to work in the Metro Detroit area. This person will perform in a high level capacity supervising multistate payroll activities for both hourly and salary employees for the USA. High profile position interfacing directly with C level executives. POSITION TYPE: Full Time. Direct Hire. Primarily an onsite position with some flexibility for Hybrid after getting to know the company, position, and team members. COMPENSATION: Excellent overall compensation package that includes medical premiums paid at 100%, PTO and bonus potential.Requirements of the Payroll Manager:
Responsibilities of the Payroll Manager:Perform as a key member of the Human Resources team responsible for the oversight of the U.S. payroll operations. You will delegate duties within the team, analyze salaried and hourly payrolls, conduct audits, handle escalated concerns, and pitch in to get payroll out when team members take PTO.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or significant equivalent experience.
- HR/Payroll certifications such CPP, SHRM certifications are a plus.
- Organized professional with 10 years of full cycle Payroll experience that includes direct management of Payroll staff and processes. A person highly knowledgeable in labor laws and payroll taxes.
- Experience needed with multi-state payrolls larger than 4,000 employees with multiple pay types (Hourly, salary non-exempt, expats, executives, etc.).
- Experience with executing complex benefits programs within payroll systems and improving automated HR and payroll systems. Strong capability in metrics reporting and HRIS systems.
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others, understand the current processes and effectively manage needed process changes. Strong payroll team is already in place.
- Team-oriented approach can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results.
- Effectively build, lead, and manage the team, consistent with company goals.
- Reconcile and resolve complex payroll processing issues that arise.
- Ensure HR and payroll reporting and metrics are complete and accurate. Ensure information is provided for accounting to make payroll related payments for 401K, benefits carriers and court ordered garnishments.
- Auditing processed payrolls for accuracy, ensure taxes deducted were paid to Federal, State and City and foreign locales. Follow up on any tax notices received.
- Responsible for tracking of all expat benefits and assisting with the year-end tax equalization process.
- Lead company and department initiatives to drive process improvements within the payroll department and collaborate with key partners throughout the organization to ensure accurate recording of all payroll input.
- Support internal and external auditors' requests, including research and analysis of audit requests.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and provide the utmost confidentiality.
- Continuously evaluate and improve payroll and HRIS System processes as needed (automate more payroll processes, evaluate, and upgrade payroll systems, resolve any payroll discrepancies).
- Keeps current of any changes in state wage and hour regulations (i.e. minimum wage, sick leave regulations, overtime, etc.) to ensure proper payroll policies are enforced
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to MLudwig@venteon.comWe treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position. At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today.NOTE: The company will not pay relocation costs at this time but will consider out of state candidates who can get here on their own.