Venteon is looking for a Test Engineer for a globally recognized firearm manufacturer located in Jacksonville, AR. Position Summary:The Test Engineer II will independently develop new and edit existing test plans as well as develop test fixtures in the execution of medium to highly complex test projects. This is a mid-level position that draws on prior ammunition and firearms experience, technical, and creative skills to support the execution of test processes on ammunition and firearm systems. This position will work in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment within the Research and Development department to provide technical and operational support in the completion of assigned projects and goals.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience, and Required Skills:
- Safely and effectively operates test equipment according to manuals, work instructions, or industry standards.
- Follows documented and verbal test plans, interprets test standards, documents raw test data, and creates written test reports.
- Independently develops new and edits existing written test plans based on statistical and quality assurance principles to validate product design or manufacturing quality.
- Participates in, or leads, test plan reviews to ensure test intent is met prior to the start of testing.
- Analyzes and presents test data using statistics to assist the design engineering and executive leadership decision making process.
- Maintains qualifications to act as a Range Safety Officer to include passing First Aid/Trauma Management classes.
- Researches technology to create test methods to fill gaps in Research and Development departmental test capacity.
- Designs, creates drawings for, and builds fixtures and automated equipment for testing firearms, ammunition, or firearm subassemblies.
- Creates item numbers, change orders, and documents in Agile PLM.
- Maintains range certification while always handling and shooting firearms in accordance with policy.
- Must be able to infrequently work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends or holidays based on customer demands or to support organizational goals.
- Engages in and actively volunteers for Continuous Improvement projects/tasks.
- Participates in and sustains 5S
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 2+ years experience in an engineering role required.
- Experience identifying and troubleshooting common ammunition and firearm malfunctions is preferred.
- Experience testing ammunition to SAAMI, NATO and/or CIP standards is preferred.
- Experience creating LabVIEW or MATLAB programs and reducing collected test data is preferred.
- Experience analyzing statistical data using Minitab is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and able to create and edit documents with little to no support.
- Ability to verbally, and in written form, express ideas clearly and professionally required.
- Must be proficient using SolidWorks to create parametric solid models, associated drawings, and fully mated assemblies.
- Must be able to generate clear, fully dimensioned, ASME Y14.5 compliant drawings of complex parts using logical datum structures and functional dimensioning schemes.
- Must be familiar with GD&T symbology and understand how they control allowable part geometry.
- Department of Defense Firearms Qualification in M17, M4, M249, and M240 preferred.
- Pistol, rifle, and shotgun training certifications from a recognized firearms academy preferred.
- Experience using and maintaining firearms is required.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.