Our Client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for a Technical Specialist
This position will focus on material and coating development in polymer, elastomers & composites.
- Conduct research and development activities to identify new materials, processes, and technologies that can be used in our products.
- Leads design and development cycle of new products within R&D
- Acts as technical consultant in area of specialization for products and/or processes.
- Apply knowledge of material science to identify solutions and recommend engineering and manufacturing changes to attain design & performance objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product development, engineering, and manufacturing, to ensure the successful implementation of new materials and processes.
- Review customer/ industry requirements and specifications to determine the appropriate materials needed.
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date engineering records according to APQP and QMS requirements.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent w/ 8-10 years of related experience or equivalent, or MS in engineering or equivalent w/ 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent, or PhD in engineering or equivalent w/ 2-3 years of related experience.
- Graphene experience
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Material science preferred.
- Experience working with Nanomaterials and developing composites.
- Experience using problem-solving techniques like 5 Why, 8D, etc.,
- Experience using analysis tools like TGA (Thermogravimetric Analyzer), DSC (Differential Calorimetry), FTIR spectroscopy, Capillary rheometer, etc.
- Some understanding of Global Automotive OEM specifications
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to SShook@venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.