Venteon is currently seeking a SQE to fill an opening with a Profitable Company in Chattanooga, TN The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in Automotive and Supplier Quality.
Project Goals for Supplier Quality Engineer:
To improve consistency and stability of parts supply reducing disruption to daily operations. (right parts delivered at the right time with the right quality in the correct quantity)
KPI Indicators for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Overall equipment effectiveness (availability rate/performance rate/quality rate)
- On time delivery
- Quality performance
- CPK (measurement of how the process is performing compared to specification limits)
Scope of project for the Supplier Quality Engineer
The project will be focused on the improvement of identified suppliers and on improvement of above KPIs
Manufacturing processes within the scope of projects (but not limited to):
- Injection molding, slush molding, 2k molding
- Sonic welding
- Heat stalking
- Blow molding
- Hot plate welding
- Casting & Machining
- Stamping (progressive, transfer and tandem press lines)
- Welding (MiG TiG, Laser)
- Welding fixture development & adjustment
Expectations for Supplier Quality Engineer
- Improve KPIs listed above by:
- Make on site visits to observe manufacturing operations
- Work with supplier to document long and short term measures for areas of improvement
- Work with supplier regarding effectiveness of these measures, evaluate necessary costs, define implementation timeline and measure quantifiable gain in productivity
- Project team member will present their findings to supplier and management for agreement and commitment for implementation.
- Project team member is then responsible to implement agreed upon measures in cooperation with supplier.
- Project team member provides bi weekly updates and supplier specific reports summarizing current performance status.
- Team should be made up of approx. 10 members. Team members should have experience in above stated manufacturing processes, have a background in Automotive OEMs, automotive suppliers and /or tooling machine operations.
- Experience in short and long term improvement projects
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess deficiencies in manufacturing processes, possess technical know-how to troubleshoot and solve complex manufacturing problems. Industrial Engineering or similar Degree preferred, not required.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to Sshook@venteon.us.com.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.