STAMPING PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR NEEDED - ADRIAN, MICHIGAN
A Leading Automotive Supplier in the Adrian, Michigan area needs a Production Supervisor. Prospective Candidates should have previous Production Supervision Experience in a Manufacturing Plant. Metal Stamping Expertise is Strongly Preferred. The Working Hours for this Position will be from 6 P.M. to 6 A.M. on a Rotating Shift.
This is a Full Time, Permanent, Direct Hire Position offering Competitive Compensation, Bonus Potential, Good Benefits, Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation.
- Ensures Business Operating System requirements are followed.
- Directs the activities of stamping associates including manpower assignments, scheduling of overtime, vacation scheduling, issuing disciplinary action if required, completing annual performance appraisal, and inputting payroll information. Utilizes discretion and judgment in making recommendations specific to performance and employment of hourly associates.
- Reviews production order requirements and utilizes discretion and judgment in determining unit schedule for daily production. Determines priority of production based on equipment availability and inventory levels.
- Working closely with the maintenance and die maintenance departments minimizes machine downtime by identifying root cause, insuring timelines of repair operation, coordinating necessary support departments, and following up on countermeasures to avoid future breakdowns.
- Ensure accurate entry of all production, scrap, labor, hours, and downtime into CMI (DWR).
- Utilizes discretion and judgment in issuing/generating employee progressive discipline.
- Establishes targets for unit each month to improve operational measurable's. Insures stamping productivity targets are achieved including monitoring actual performance against target and initiates countermeasures to correct any negative variances. Provides Management with productivity data for departmental performance reports.
- Identifies training requirements for associates and sets schedule and provides resources to conduct required training. Maintains skill charts for stamping associates.
- Maintains safe working environment including completion of accident investigation report, safety training licensing, utilization of personal protective equipment, and compliance with safety rules, procedures and housekeeping.
- Insures all program work sheets are up to date and are being followed. Reviews quality checks and provides interpretation to quality standards when required. Audit Associates work to ensure adherence to work instructions.
- Assists Department Managers in developing plans for productivity improvements and cost reduction efforts including researching alternative materials and methods for stamping processes and coordinating efforts with purchasing. May develop forms and procedures for the collection of department data to support improvement programs.
- Works closely with Production Engineering on determining most efficient department layout of equipment and storage areas.
- Any other reasonable request made by management.
- Contributes to a safe, clean and comfortable work environment that complements the Occupational Health and Safety Act by ensuring the principles of the 5-S discipline (simplify, separate, sanitize, standardize and support) are supported and adhered to.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a manufacturing/automotive industry to include previous supervisory experience
- High School Graduate or equivalent job related experience
- General understanding of machinery/equipment, small presses, assembly machinery, etc.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing process
- Sound understanding of IATF 16949 and ISO14001requirements
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, i.e. Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health & Safety, Human Rights, etc.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: GHubbard@Venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.