Job Category: 1 - Accounting & Finance
Job Number: JO10000248
Venteon Finance is hiring a SENIOR TECHNICAL ACCOUNTANT to provide support for a company based out of Phoenix, AZ. You will assist the company by providing temporary accounting support while their person is out on medical leave.
POSITION Full time, Remote, Part Time, 6 month Contract position with the possibility of extending or converting for the right individual. PAY: $125,000 to $140,000 annual ( $60.00-$67.30 hourly rate)
Requirements of the Sr. Technical Accountant:
Duties of the Senior Technical Accountant:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or related.
- Active CPA Designation.
- Experience in Public Accounting highly desired. (Particularly in auditing public companies).
- Strong technical accounting experience / knowledge of US GAAP (ASC 805 Business Combinations; ASC 810 Variable Interest Entities; ASC 820 Fair Value Measurements; ASC 321 Investments in Equity Securities, JV s, Partnerships and LLC s).
- Experience researching appropriate accounting for investments and nonrecurring transactions, including drafting technical accounting memorandums.
- Experience working on accounting for business combinations (ASC 805).
- Experience with preparation and tie out of SEC filings.
- Knowledge of SOX compliance documentation (Financial statement disclosures, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and desire to contribute to technical accounting team.
- Serve as a part time member of company s technical accounting team that, among other activities, evaluates the proper US GAAP treatment of accounting for acquisitions and investments (both majority and minority owned, and VIE s, including required financial statement disclosures); the consultant will report to and obtain direction / support from the hiring manager.
- Conduct accounting research for non-routine transactions (Intelligize accounting research tool) and draft technical accounting memos that summarize the fact pattern for transactions, relevant authoritative US GAAP literature, proper accounting treatment and conclusion.
- Assist in the preparation and tie-out of SEC filings relating to required disclosures for investments that require consolidation, equity method accounting and / or accounting on the cost basis.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to MLudwig@venteon.us.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today.