Job Category: 1 - Accounting & Finance
Job Number: JO10000375
Senior Tax Analyst Minimum 3+ Years experience in TaxVenteon is currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to fill an opening with an Industry Leader and Employer of Choice with headquarters in the Metro Detroit area. The ideal candidate will be a critical contributor to the company s overall financial success.Requirements of the Senior Tax Analyst
Benefits of the Senior Tax Analyst
- Bachelor s or Master s degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA or MST a plus.
- 3+ years of Tax experience.
- Public Accounting or Corporate Tax experience required.
- Tax Provision, ASC740, Federal and State Tax experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Responsibilities of the Senior Tax Analyst
- Bonus Eligible Position
- Full time position
- Currently a hybrid position
- Paid time off
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Company perks
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgWe treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, and IT talent in the industry today.
- Preparation and assistance with the US federal and state aspects of the quarterly and year-end US GAAP consolidated income tax provision in compliance with ASC 740, including (a) collection of information required to compute the provision; (b) assisting with research of tax issues as they arise; and (c) assisting in the preparation of detailed work papers.
- Liaison with outside service provider in the preparation and review of US federal and state income tax returns, including coordinating with business units to receive financial information required for tax return preparation; responding to inquiries from business units; preparing complex M-1 adjustments and apportionment schedules as needed and researching any issues that arise.
- Assisting with audits involving federal and state income tax returns.
- Preparation and assistance with projections to support estimated federal and state income tax payments.
- Supporting US business units on indirect taxes (sales and use taxes, property taxes) and helping to coordinate external resources in this regard.
- Enhancement of the Company s tax team reputation through the provision of timely, practical, business-focused, and efficient support to business unit representatives and other functions.
- Continuously seeking to identify and lead improvements in tax related processes and policies, with a focus on automation and increased efficiencies wherever possible.