VENTEON is hiring a Senior Project Engineer, Drivability & Emissions Calibration to provide support for a client in Auburn Hills, MI.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time. Long-term open-ended contract - Hybrid
PAY RATE : $43.00-$53.00 Per Hour Depending on Experience. Overtime at time and a half.
- Lead the preparation of test articles to meet program needs including the setup and validation of instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Plan, coordinate and execute testing on chassis dynamometer or in application to support program objectives.
- Analyze and interpret test results to guide future testing requirements.
- Calibration and validation of electronic control unit parameters to satisfy program drivability and/or emissions objectives.
- Conduct projects with a high level of professionalism while meeting and/or exceeding our clients' technical and timing expectations within the predefined project budget limits.
- Summarize findings and prepare presentations/reports for internal and customer review.
- Manage customer hardware and project component inventory and logistics.
- May involve work onsite at customer facilities, vehicle test trips to support ongoing development programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field, Masters preferred
- 3+ years of experience in engine, vehicle and/or powertrain testing
- Vehicle drivability or emissions calibration experience
- An in-depth understanding of conventional and hybrid powertrain components and their functionality
- Experienced in powertrain/vehicle testing, calibration, data acquisition, analysis and reporting
- Experienced in engine and powertrain diagnostics
- Understanding of base engine, aftertreatment and/or hybrid electronic control system strategies, knowledge on software logic implementation and control system functionality
- Demonstrated ability to execute testing/calibration projects and provide feedback and technical reports to customers, peers and supervisors
- Demonstrated teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel in support of vehicle calibration development trips
- Experience using commercially available calibration and development tools (i.e., ETAS INCA, ATI Vision, Vector CANape/CANalyzer, Matlab/Simulink)
- Professional communication skills (oral and written English)
- Must be a motivated team player to perform in fast paced development environment
- Knowledge of control strategies employed on Bosch and/or GPEC controllers
- Programming skills (Excel/Visual Basic, MATLAB, etc.)
- Experience with Drivability evaluation tools (MATLAB based tools, AVL Drive etc.)
- Experience in performing limit handling of vehicles, different terrain driving, performance driving in test tracks, driving as convoy, etc.
- Hold a commercial driver's license
- Ability to work in extreme climate environments to support vehicle test trips
- Strong understanding of US emission regulations and certification test procedures for Gas, Diesel and/or Hybrid systems
- Understanding of US OBD regulations and monitoring approaches
- Hands-on experience with engine and vehicle hardware (engine assembly/rebuilding, vehicle maintenance, etc.)
- US citizen or Permanent Residence a plus
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: Khaskins@Venteon.comWe treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.