VENTEON is hiring a Senior Project Engineer, Engine and Hybrid Powertrain Development to provide support for a client in Auburn Hills, MI.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time. Hybrid Long-term open-ended contract
PAY RATE : $43.00-$53.00 Per Hour Depending on Experience. Overtime at time and a half.
- Lead the installation and commissioning of new powertrain test setups, including conventional combustion engine and hybrid configurations.
- Identification and implementation of necessary connections, measurement points and instrumentation to support testing efforts.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the testing of engines, aftertreatment systems, powertrain systems and OBD systems on engine/chassis dynamometer or in application.
- Analysis of measured parameters and system performance relative to project targets.
- Calibration and validation of electronic control unit parameters to satisfy program objectives.
- Summarize findings and prepare presentations/reports for internal and customer review.
- Manage customer hardware and project component inventory and logistics.
- May involve work onsite at customer facilities, vehicle test trips to support ongoing development programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field, Masters preferred
- 3+ years of experience in engine, vehicle and/or powertrain testing
- Strong fundamentals in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and internal combustion engines
- Strong knowledge of SI and CI combustion processes
- Strong knowledge of aftertreatment systems
- Experience in calibration of base emissions control strategies to fulfill customer and regulatory requirements or experience in calibration and implementation of OBD strategies meeting CARB regulations
- Understanding of base engine, aftertreatment and/or hybrid electronic control system strategies, knowledge on software logic implementation and control system functionality
- Experience using commercially available calibration and development tools (i.e., ETAS INCA, ATI Vision, Vector CANape/CANalyzer, Matlab/Simulink)
- Professional communication skills (oral and written English)
- Must be a motivated team player to perform in fast paced development environment
- Knowledge of hybrid powertrain systems
- Knowledge of control strategies employed on Bosch and/or GPEC controllers
- Strong understanding of US emission regulations and certification test procedures for Gas, Diesel and/or Hybrid systems
- Understanding of US OBD regulations and monitoring approaches
- Hands-on experience with engine hardware engine assembly or rebuilding
- US citizen or Permanent Residence a plus
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: khaskins@Venteon.comWe treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.