Venteon is currently looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for a globally recognized industry leader in the defense space located in Jacksonville, AR. Summary:As an Ammunition Manufacturing Engineer you will use your engineering talent to design, develop, effectively implement, and constantly improve production processes to manufacture elite, world-class ammunition for the consumer, law enforcement, and military markets.Requirements of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Responsibilities of the Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Identify Safety Improvement opportunities and implement solutions.
- Work with Operations personnel to identify root causes and resolution of issues affecting daily operating equipment efficiency (OEE).
- Analyze performance data to identify continuous improvement opportunities. Utilize lean/six sigma principles to implement efficiency improvements and maintain the gains.
- Design, develop, and modify touch tooling to improve tool life, product quality, or equipment efficiency using Solidworks and Agile software.
- Work with Quality Assurance to improve process control using statistical methods to maintain low or zero defects on the line. Develop and control troubleshooting methodologies and data.
- Develop and implement processes, and production line layouts to support a lean production environment including Kanban replenishment methodologies, especially concerning tooling consumption.
- Work with R&D engineers to ensure a seamless transition from products in development to full industrialization.
- Work collaboratively with the in-house automation team to receive, start up, and assimilate newly built production equipment.
- Review 3D models and prints for accuracy and manufacturability.
- Collaboratively create work instructions for the production processes. Effectively implement work instructions through training, communication, videos, or other techniques.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering/Science with 10+ years of relevant work experience, or 20+ years of relevant experience in metal trades.
- Practical hands-on experience with equipment, machining, and fabrication.
- Experience troubleshooting/root cause analysis of mechanical systems.
- 3D Design and knowledge of GD&T ASME Y14.5M-1994.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive work with minimum supervision.
- Project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on time.
- Aptitude for detail with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Work experience with munitions or energetic materials.
- Design experience using SolidWorks CAD.
- Process Experience with facilities projects (e.g. waste-water treatment associated with byproducts of brass manufacture).
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Previous work experience in metal forming.
- Knowledge and passion for hunting, shooting sports, firearms, or ammunition reloading.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.