Our client, a growing healthcare system in the Metro Detroit area, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in financial analysis and planning at a healthcare system.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Senior Financial Analyst
- Prepares analysis on patient fee-for-service revenue and collection activity in order to test the adequacy of AR reserves. Collaborates with Revenue Cycle and Finance Business Partners to understand key drivers of any significant reserve true-ups, (i.e., significant differences from expected and actual collection results). Provides accounting with recommended reserve estimates, based on reserve adequacy results.
- Interfaces primarily with any combination of the following: Finance team, Business Services, Practice Managers, Divisional Directors, Physicians and Executive Leadership, acting as a strategic partner in defining and supporting strategy formulation and execution.
- Provides finance and accounting expertise through effective financial planning, analysis and measurement versus objectives, along with providing insight into accounting processes and expertise with compliance matters.
- Prepares and monitors complex budgets and financial reports, performing complex project research and analysis; conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control or action.
- Utilizes technical expertise in data mining and extraction using a variety of software tools; performs complex analysis of information obtained.
- Provides interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory or customer financial regulations as needed to support financial business development.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
- Evaluates complex profit plans, operating records and financial statements; identifies trends, provides recommendations for areas of opportunity; identifies successful strategies.
- Prepares studies, reports and analysis in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections and business forecasts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE of the Senior Financial Analyst
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Expert in Excel knowledge, Pivot Tables, Vlookup and SUMIF formulas
- Working knowledge of large ERP system
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today