Venteon is currently looking for a Quality Manager for a globally recognized industry leader in the defense space located in Jacksonville, AR. Summary:Responsible for the administration of the company s quality management system, and specifically, product and process quality of ammunition products, including supervision of personnel. Guides and directs the activities of non-exempt and/or exempt personnel involved in various operations and functions. Includes production support; data collection and analysis; customer required quality documentation; troubleshooting and root cause analysis; workplace organization and safety; and personnel evaluation and development. Typically receives guidance from higher level leaders when implementing longer range strategic objectives.Requirements of the Quality Manager Responsibilities of the Quality Manager
- Supervise quality personnel assigned to ammunition products value stream or functional areas, including assuring staff compliance with organizational policies and applicable laws, most importantly regarding safety. Serve as main point of contact for area, including assistance in preparations of budgets and work planning.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and assuring compliance with safety and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Assure that all documentation for areas is up to date, relevant and available to personnel at points of use, that personnel are trained to requirements, and that transactions of activities are proper and timely (eg, work orders).
- Assure timely and accurate completion of customer required documentation, such as that for contract quality related deliverables and acceptance or compliance testing.
- Assure that product flows through value stream or functional area in an efficient and effective manner, and that protocols and procedures are complied with. Develop or champion appropriate metrics to monitor performance.
- Lead 5S workplace organizational activities and maintain the area in good working order through sustainment activities, including requests for maintenance assistance for projects beyond the capability of department personnel.
- Utilize product knowledge to investigate problems and identify root cause, including that related to internal and external customer complaints.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all applicable functional departments, regarding problems and corrective actions.
- Utilize quality personnel effectively at all times by making them available for testing, screening, assembly, cross training, etc, if and as needed.
- Seek and act upon ways to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity and satisfy customer needs and expectations; look for cost reduction and service improvements; eliminate unnecessary or low priority work; initiate, encourage and empower others to resolve impediments and act on improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate with customer, supplier and third party quality functions, as needed to assure quality related issues are properly addressed.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.