Responsibilities include support of manufacturing quality, quality training, and quality testing with focus on product produced against Military contracts. Duties will encompass development and implementation of plant wide training programs, investigating causes of nonconformance by performing statistical analysis of inspection and test data resulting in implementing corrective actions, and other continuous improvement efforts that can included the entire breath of the organization, i.e., New Product Introduction (NPI) validation, creating test validation plans, reviewing work instructions, establishing inspection/sampling plans and/or developing/purchasing new inspection equipment.
The successful candidate will have knowledge in mechanical &/or optical inspection techniques and equipment, an understanding of drawings, specifications and standards, a significant familiarity with multi-stage drawing processes, and a background of quality system improvement including Internal Auditing and Training development. Knowledge of and previous working with Military specification and contract are a must.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist Quality Management in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the quality management system by:
- Evaluating and assessing of Military documents used in providing inputs of proposals for new products.
- Creating/updating Military contract: Contract Data Requirement List (CDRL) documents
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation, utilizing knowledge in engineering fields as needed. Support preparation of first article inspections, including identification of critical features with engineering and coordination with inspection to assure proper inspection techniques. Works with manufacturing team to implement any new testing criteria or assembly methods that are developed. Interfaces with Engineering and Assembly to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data and appropriate records.
- Devises sampling procedures, develops electronic forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality/reliability data.
- Develop and implement a detailed employee training program focused on Hourly employees but to included Salaried employees as well. This program will strengthen the overall facility quality awareness thru individual training by enhancing knowledge of quality training, manufacturing control plans, and inspection work instructions.
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to auditing party. Ensure timely resolution of internal failure, corrective actions, and preventive actions.
- Support ammunition testing activities, FAT/LATs thru coordination with local Quality Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) personnel and internal Ballistic team by reviewing data and hardware to ensure conformance to contractual requirements.
Participates in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc. from items found thru:
- Inspection data reviews to assure integrity and provide data analysis, as needed. Communicates effectively with all departments, particularly Inspection, Assembly and Engineering, regarding problems and corrective action.
- Evaluation of the MRB process to identify non-conforming product thru analyzes of data to establish trends in order to prioritize root cause and corrective action activities. Investigates and resolves part or process quality issues as part of a hands-on operations team. This includes communicating in both writing and verbally to customers (internal/external) and suppliers, so they understand fundamentals of issues and resolutions.
- Applies problem solving techniques to help perform root cause analysis in the implementation of corrective action, and effectively works with team members of other disciplines to resolve issues with robust solutions.
- Helps the quality inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system. Implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material utilizing procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- Work with Supply Chain to effectively execute Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and Corrective Actions/Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Read and interpret contract test requirements/specifications which will dictate test procedures. Utilize instrumentation to study accuracy, precision, reliability, forces. Etc. to allow a respond output of a test report which captures the necessary data in a standard format.
- Support Design of Experiments and other 6-Sigma activities.
- Bachelor s degree in technical field (e.g., mathematics, statistics, mechanical, manufacturing Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- 5 7+ years related experience and/or training with direct Military Contracts.
- Detailed working knowledge of quality tools (FMEA, Gauge R&R, SPC, process capability analysis, CAR, etc.)
- Problem solving and root cause analysis understanding and application.
- Knowledge with ISO 9001 / TS-16949 certification.
- Ability to interpret drawings, including solid working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Familiarity with metrology concepts and inspection methods.
- Considerable awareness of statistical methods and applying statistical tools/techniques.
- Advance computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Statistical software, and MRP systems.
- Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to travel domestically 15%.
- ASQ CQE and/or Green/Black Six Sigma Certification a plus.
- Familiarity of ITAR, ATF, EAR a plus.
- Familiarity with Oracle a plus.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.