Project Manager - Construction
Our client - a Real Estate and Construction Company in the Tampa, FL area - is looking for a Project Manager to join their rapidly growing team.
- Oversee construction projects from beginning to end.
- Manage the budget and estimate costs.
- Determine the necessary equipment, materials, and manpower needed.
- Keep track of inventory, tools and equipment.
- Ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to schedule.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes.
- Train and mentor construction workers and construction laborers depending on the size of the project.
- Collaborate with superintendents, subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team.
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements.
- Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites.
- Plan construction operations and overall schedule management.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Hire contractors and staff including construction laborers.
- Delegate responsibilities.
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects.
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly.
- Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project.
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards.
- BSc/BA degree in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field.
- Willing to travel.
- PMP or an equivalent certification would be considered an asset.
- Extensive previous work experience managing budgets for construction projects.
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment.
- Previous experience in a leadership role with strong and proven leadership skills
- Familiar with construction and project management software programs such as; Procore & MS Project scheduling software.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as quality standards and human resources
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.