Venteon is currently looking for a Product Design Engineer with a globally recognized arms manufacturer near Nashville, TN!
Summary of Position:
The Product Design Engineer is responsible as assigned for matters related to product (firearm) design and development. This includes research and development, design, improvement, problem solving and failure analysis, testing, procedures, internal correspondence and documentation, supplier interface and communication during development, project management, project budgeting and product cost tracking.
Requirements of the Product Design Engineer
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years mechanical experience required.
- CAD experience in two-dimensional drafting and 3D solid design (NX experience preferred)
- Project management experience in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in small arms design and function (semi-auto shotgun experience a plus).
- Technical design knowledge of small arms design (semi-auto shotgun experience a plus) and manufacturing methods.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Root Cause Analysis concepts.
- Geometric tolerancing (ANSI Y14.5) and advanced drafting skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Mathematical skills. Background in FEM analysis preferred.
- Computer skills (PC and CAD). NX experience preferred.
- Knowledge of common manufacturing, machining, finishing, and assembly methods/processes.
- Knowledge of the most commonly used materials and related heat treatments in the field.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to perform well in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and cross functional interaction skills.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge, understanding, and commitment to quality of product and ISO processes.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize in a demanding environment in support of both developmental and production activities that are critical to business success
Benefits of the Product Design Engineer
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Full-time, direct-hire position
- Paid time off
Responsibilities of the Product Design Engineer
- The Design Engineer is responsible for all matters, related to the product (firearm) design and industrialization. This includes research and development, design, improvement, problem solving, testing, company procedures, internal correspondence, and documentation.
- Manage product development programs/projects and ensure that cost, quality and schedule are established and maintained.
- Develop test plans, conduct product testing, and create detailed test reports.
- Working with Product Marketing, write technical product procedures, and specifications.
- Design and evaluate new products and components.
- Investigate and introduce product improvements (cost, performance, manufacturability, quality, etc...)
- Generate CAD product drawing (two-dimensional drafting and three-dimensional solid designs).
- Investigate and solve product-related problems.
- Generate and maintain Bills of Materials and Item Data in CAD and MRP Databases.
- Using sound engineering methods determine the correct functioning of mechanisms and working stress of components.
- Perform and coordinate Engineering Change Notices across inter-departmental functions.
- Create and review Tolerance Studies/Stack-ups for complex assemblies using both traditional dimensioning and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ASME Y14.5)
- Forecast, propose and assess new technologies and materials
- Support Innovation through patents, trademarks, design and authorship s rights. Manage and apply for intellectual property protection as appropriate according to US, European and international laws and regulations.
- Development of virtual prototyping capabilities, modeling methods, innovative materials and technologies.
- Support strategic project and product planning efforts.
- Apply constant effort to bring about a design to process/design to simplicity (design to cost) concept.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.