Harvard Resource Solutions is seeking a Payroll Administrator-HR for a client on a direct hire basis in Farmington Hills, MI.
8:00am - 5:30pm
Under the direction the Payroll and HRIS Manager and the Vice President of Human Resources, the Payroll Administrator assists with the entire payroll process, including processing the biweekly payroll, ensuring accuracy in payroll data, answering employee s (team members) payroll questions, working with 3rd party administrators as needed, overall ensuring compliance with state and federal compensation regulations, tax filings, ensuring accurate data entry and analysis.
Requirements for the Payroll Administrator-HR
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing, including tax and deduction reports, accounting transactions, and special reports.
- Manages HRIS/electronic filing system to ensure compliance and updates team member records. Administers new hire, termination, and task flow activities within HRIS/ATS ecosystem. Monitors legal compliance, conducts customer engagement surveys, and oversees team member onboarding and file administration.
- Ensures data integrity, supports audits, and generates reports for interdepartmental requests. .
- Assists Payroll and HRIS Manager to ensure the preparation and reporting of payroll information to third parties and/or vendors such as W-2 s, 401(k), and benefit payments; reviews orders and authorizes income deductions for child support, alimony and other wage garnishments.
- Complete employment verifications.
- Assists with quarter and year end regulatory requirements, and processing check list.
- Strong knowledge of wage & hour, FLSA, and other legal requirements pertaining to payroll.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy under pressure.
- Must exhibit strong personal integrity and be capable of working with sensitive information and keeping sensitive information confidential.
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- Strong ability in using Outlook MS Office (MS Excel).
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Payroll Administrator (2+ years payroll experience)
- Proven previous HR experience (2+ years HR experience)
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems. (ADP preferred)
- Experience with State & Federal Tax laws.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting or relevant field or equivalent experience.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Harvard Resource Solutions, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Administrative & Clerical talent in the industry today.