VENTEON Finance is hiring a PAYROLL /PAYROLL TAX ANALYST to support a large company in Metro Detroit, MI. You will be a part of the payroll processing team completing all payroll activities along with providing support for payroll tax auditing and compliance plus interfacing with the Accounting team for month end closing activities.
POSITION TYPE: Full time. Direct Hire. Hybrid. ( Local candidate who is able to come into the office a couple days per month)
PAY: $60,000 to $85,000 annual based on education, payroll skills and experience with payroll 940/941 tax filing.
Requirements of the PAYROLL / PAYROLL TAX ANALYST:
Duties of the PAYROLL / PAYROLL TAX ANALYST:
- Bachelor's degree a major plus. Will also consider extensive payroll experience. Certifications a plus!
- Minimum five (5) years of full cycle payroll processing from timekeeping through paycheck production.
- Significant experience processing high volume multi-state location payroll.
- Experienced in 940/941 payroll tax filing preparation, follow up, and compliance.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify errors.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to work independently and effectively remote.
- Able to meet payroll schedules.
- Proficient with payroll software: Workday (A must!) and ADP preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel and utilizing other office applications/tools.
- Take part in completing all biweekly payroll activities by using the Workday system to maintain employee records and work with hourly and salary payroll data.
- Handle hourly and salary payments along with other special payroll types such as overtime, commission, bonuses, expenses, and off cycle processing.
- Calculate and track paid time off. Apply all payroll deductions, loans, garnishments, and adjustments.
- Process and monitor garnishments and other court ordered deductions.
- Work with and support human resources with benefit and employee changes. Administrator for 401K program.
- Provide support for employee questions and work with payroll team and/or manager to resolve differences.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of federal and state payroll tax and 401(k) regulations.
- Use 940/941 payroll tax filing knowledge to prepare amended tax returns when needed, audit and perform tax follow up with ADP, conduct audits and assist in ongoing payroll tax compliance.
- Analyze, set-up, and maintenance, of annual payroll tax tables.
- Work with Accounting to reconcile payroll general ledger balances.
- Generate payroll reports.
If you are a high performer and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to MLudwig@venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position. At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today.