VENTEON is hiring a PLC Siemens Or Rockwell Instructor to provide support for a client in Auburn Hills, MI.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time. Monday- through Friday
As an Industrial Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) Instructor you will be an educational resource to students in various industries, primarily including automotive manufacturing. Your instruction will help students to perform their work safely and more efficiently, improving the quality of work and productivity.
This instructor position is a great growth opportunity for experienced controls technicians and programmers to make a career change and share their knowledge with others. Courses are usually taught in a 32-hour format to an audience of ten or fewer students, ranging from operators to skilled trades to engineers.
The Training Group works as a team to develop and deliver highly effective automation curriculum to clients in USA, Canada, and Mexico. Courses focus on real-world applications and plant-specific systems.
Our instructors can expect a high level (40-60%) of non-local work. Traveling out of state is common.
This position is perfect for professionals who love to share their knowledge and work collaboratively, both with colleagues and clients.Key Responsibilities
Experience & Knowledge:
- Instruct Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) Instructor systems courses to small on- / off-site audiences as outlined by project scope.
- Prepare training equipment to include product- and line-specific documentation.
- Ensure training equipment is inspected, repaired, and functioning for operation.
- Assist associate instructors on technical and non-technical enhancements to courses.
- Create, modify and/or advise changes to curriculum according to customer needs and applications.
- Complete all required documentation for course instruction such as course materials, pre-post testing, registration forms, attendance and any additional reporting required by the customer.
- Always adhere to safety procedures and protocols.
- Report time and expenses as required.
- A.S. or B.S. Degree and/or 3 years equivalent work experience required
- Siemens PLC experience required.
- Additional automation experience (robotics, machine vision, tooling, drives, etc.) preferred.
- Teaching experience in both classroom and lab settings preferred.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills required.
- Strong communication and organization skills necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) recommended.
- Valid driver s license and reliable transportation
- Able to travel to Canada and Mexico
- Able to pass background check and drug screen.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.