2ND & 3RD SHIFT TOOL & DIE MAKER'S NEEDED - ADRIAN, MICHIGAN
A Leading Automotive Supplier in the Adrian, Michigan areas is in need of 2nd and 3rd Shift Tool & Die Maker's. These are Full Time, Permanent, Direct Hire Positions offering Competitive Hourly Compensation, Off Shift Hourly Premium, Paid Vacation and Great Benefits!!
- Plan and construct a wide variety of tools, dies, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances, or construct more complex units where design is available.
- Perform development work, layout and difficult tool room machine operations, fitting, timing and adjusting, e.g. combination dies for parts or irregular contour, box type drill jigs with difficult locating or nesting features, ordinary index milling fixtures.
- Dismantles and repairs or replaces parts of damaged dies and fixtures, fits and assembles parts, and tests repaired dies for proper operation.
- Verifies conformance of dies, new or repaired to specification by checking dimensions, cutting clearances, forms and alignments as required.
- Operates cranes safely to remove and/or relocate dies to specific work stations/equipment.
- Establishes and maintains an effective preventative maintenance program. Ensures all tools are properly fit for use.
- Prepares sketches for machining of tool details.
- Performs basic layout inspections of both tooling and manufactured components in press.
- Must have all tools common to trade practice. Proficient in reading and working with Blueprints.
- Capable of working with varied ranges of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Proficient in workshop theory and calculation.
- Overhead Crane Operation.
- Ability to work with SPC.
- Participates in ongoing Continuous Improvement processes.
- Takes direction from Supervisor/Lead Hand, as applicable.
- Protects own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
- Maintains safety standard and cleanliness of workplace and equipment as outlined by company policy.
- Any other reasonable request made by management
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Multiple years experience working in the trade.
- Competent in all Tool Room machining to close tolerances.
- Able to work with limited guidance and supervision.
- Able to troubleshoot tooling problems and estimate timelines for resolution.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the Tool & Die Trade.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: GHubbard@Venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.