Venteon is currently looking for a NPI Value Engineer for a globally recognized firearm manufacturer and industry leader located in Exeter, NH Summary:Provides technical support to cross functional Design, Quality and Engineering Teams on New Product Introductions and Supplier Improvement Initiatives.Requirements of the NPI Value Engineer
Responsibilities of the NPI Value Engineer
- Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and at least 5+ years of experience.
- In depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) ASME Y14.5M.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Solidworks or similar CAD system.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Detailed oriented with creative problem solving skills and the ability to drive resolution and closure.
- Familiarity with Oracle is a plus.
- Familiarity of ITAR, ATF, EAR is a plus
- Good working knowledge of materials and heat treating processes.
- Familiarity with material procurement in a lean manufacturing environment including Kanban pull inventory systems, material flow, leveraging volume spend, inventory turns, visual management and continuous improvement tools.
- Overall must be able to work in a team, lead, plan, and execute multiple projects. Quality of work must be very high. Written and verbal communication of complicated subjects is required. Organization of documentation and record keeping shall be to a high standard.
- Establish inspection methods, acceptance criteria, and sampling plans for newly outsourced components.
- Design gages and inspection fixtures.
- Recommend and implement changes and enhancements to existing manufacturing procedures at suppliers to improve the quality of products.
- Experience with control plans.
- Inspection techniques.
- Gage R&R & Bias.
- Evaluate and improve product prints for manufacturability while applying GD&T and dimensional stack-ups.
- Interface with a wide range of engineering and procurement disciplines to effectively drive projects and supplier development to completion.
- Responsible for driving Process Sign Off (PSO) with suppliers as required.
- Dimensional verification of incoming inspection results.
- Meet with suppliers to determine production capacity, potential new product development, on-time delivery, and quality (including onsite visits). Negotiate pricing and lead time with existing and new suppliers.
- Provide expert consultation in one or more areas for the design, development and implementation of technical systems and manufacturing processes. Areas of expertise required include but are not limited to:
- Metal injection molding
- Plastic injection molding
- High volume CNC machining fixtures
- Gage design
- Machine/tool design
- Heat treatment of metals
- Metal finishing
- Resolve quality issues related to product and processes using statistical methods.
- Keep track of open issues and drive all projects to closure.
- Other duties may be assigned.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.