Our client in Sterling Heights, Michigan is in need of a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, exhibiting a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated experience creating effective change and designing and delivering training programs.
- Well versed in Lean Manufacturing (TPS)
- Green belt or black belt certification with Lean/Six Sigma is an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Lean Manufacturing duties.
- Experience applying the principals underlying TQM, Six Sigma or Lean.
The Manufacturing Engineer plans/executes programs within the manufacturing plant to ensure all customer and company targets are achieved.
- Helps analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Creates Process Flow, works with APQP team to develop PFMEA, Error Proofing Matrix and Control Plans.
- Creates Operator work instructions and works with Operational team to train operators.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service
- Works hand and hand with all associates on the floor to fix issues to safely meet quality and production standards
- Other related duties as assigned by management
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.