MANUFACTURING ENGINEER - HILLSDALE, MICHIGAN
A Growing Automotive Supplier in the Hillsdale, Michigan area is in need of a Manufacturing Engineer. This is a Full Time, Permanent, Direct Hire Position offering Competitive Compensation, Bonus Potential, Good Benefits, Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation.
Lead technical activities on one or more production lines or departments to meet or exceed the quality and throughput requirements.
- Work with Associates to provide relevant training / mentoring / and information for their job
- Work interdependently adhering to company policy, procedures, and best practices
- Accomplish objectives on time and within budget or escalate in time to develop a recovery plan
- Participate in Technical Reviews with the Customer
- Professional attire, conduct and ethics are required
- Develop and update Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEAs and Control Plans
- Identify and prioritize sources of variation including material, equipment and measurement
- Manage KPIs and initiate action items to improve safety, throughput, quality, or communication
- Participate in and react to actions created from Layered Process Audits
- Reinforce best practices when interacting with Associates
- Identify process constraints, recommend and implement improvements
- Participate / Lead problem-solving activities
- Compile and evaluate data, recognize trends, potential problems and patterns
- Get along with others with excellent interpersonal skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Speak clearly and completely while working with Associates
- Treat people with respect and maintain professionalism
- Excellent attendance is required to perform this job
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing Engineering (automotive preferred)
- Degree in Engineering or related field
- CNC programming experience
- Understanding of Theory of Constraints and Lean Manufacturing
- Competent in Solidworks and Microsoft Excel
- Exhibits good troubleshooting skills
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: GHubbard@Venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.