Minimum 5 Years experience in Estimation
Venteon is currently seeking an experienced Lead Estimator to fill an opening with a construction company located in the Ann Arbor, MI area. The ideal candidates should have hands-on experience in construction or electrical estimating.
Requirements of the Lead Estimator
- Bachelor s degree preferred
- Experience in a Lead or Supervisory role
- Electrical Masters License preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in the construction/electrical field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in the field directing a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills required.
- Strong, positive customer service approach to employees, management, contractors, and customers.
- Must be able to physically work on a jobsite in a construction environment.
Benefits of the Lead Estimator
- Competitive salary
- Advancement potential
- Full time
- Paid time off
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Responsibilities of the Lead Estimator
- Attends all job coordination meetings and is the liaison with other contractors to assure exchange of information.
- Works with the customer and owner to understand the project, scope, and timeline, while building strong relationships for continued customer service.
- Quantifies bid documents using Bluebeam.
- Sends out for pricing all materials and subcontractors required for the electrical installation of the project being quoted.
- Reviews the project/owner specifications.
- Communicates with SE accounting and estimating support to ensure proper bid rates are being utilized during the bid process.
- Communicates with SE accounting the need for project specific bonding, insurances, and financing.
- Drafts proposal letters for review with senior management.
- Advises Senior Management of any significant issues such as manpower, costs, scheduling and the like that will place the project at risk.
- Reprices the project and makes continued updates to the proposal as changes occur throughout the life cycle of the bid.
- Submits, tracks and quotes RFI s and responses.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.