This position is for an Industrial Engineer supporting one or more of the production Facility in New Hampshire. This role will be responsible for assisting with the development of production operation time standards, tracking cost and schedule performance at the part level, establishment of efficiency calculations, capacity/manpower assessments, production layouts and process flows, cost reduction initiatives, and other process improvement activities. The role will work closely with the Manufacturing Engineers, CNC Programmers, Production Managers, Finance Department and other Support Teams to refine and improve production in Firearms Division.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Define production rate standards and methodologies for the machining, testing and assembly operations.
- Complete detailed time studies for new and existing production processes including allowances for cycle work, periodic work and Personal Fatigue and Delay.
- Analyze motion and time studies, line balance and process flow to identify waste and implement improvements to work cells, areas, part manufacturing and processes to increase throughput and efficiency.
- Research, present and implement innovative solutions to production problems.
- Consider ergonomic and safety concerns in processes and identify solutions/improvements.
- Implement Lean Principles throughout the factory.
- Document and calculate cost savings utilizing established cost analysis tools.
- Complete plant layouts for machining and assembly operations.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP s).
- Maintain and update router and cycle time date using product life cycle database (Agile).
- Provide production floor support to maintain output and quality.
- Perform as technical leader for production personnel, junior Industrial Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers regarding production rates, methods, and layouts.
Job knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor s degree in industrial engineering or related field and at least 5 years of experience.
- Proficiency with Video Time Study Software such as Timer Pro Professional or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with CAD for plant layouts.
- Must be able to work in a team, plan, and execute multiple projects. Quality of work must be very high. *Written and verbal communication of complicated subjects is required. Organization of documentation and record keeping shall be to a high standard.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Possesses a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.