This is a product development and R&D engineering position. Hardware/Firmware engineer will be responsible for circuit board design (schematics and layout) and firmware/source code development (MCU) for new products including recoil sensing, distributed power management, rechargeable power supplies, wireless connectivity, and general R&D. The position will be 70% hardware design and 30% microcontroller/embedded systems development.
Requirements of the Electrical Engineer
- Create PCBA schematics and layouts in Altium. Work with PCBA suppliers on new products and contract manufacturers as necessary.
- Develop source code for common MCU platforms including TI, Atmel, NXP and other common MCUs including Bluetooth modules such as Nordic systems.
- Support new product concepts through all aspects of the product development cycle ultimately resulting in a producible and innovative product including development of test equipment and procedures for manufacturing support.
- Work with senior mechanical and electrical engineers to ensure seamless transition from prototype to a fully developed and manufactured product.
- Design and evaluate alternative components and/or process changes to improve efficiency, product performance, and reduce cost.
- Represent the organization as a technical information resource.
- Participates in and sustains 6S Standards.
- Engages in and actively volunteers for Continuous Improvement projects/tasks.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Benefits of the Electrical Engineer
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Full-time, direct-hire position
- Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering/Software Engineering required with a minimum of 2 4 years recent related experience in source code development for embedded systems and PCBA schematic and layout design.
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication (oral and written), and time management skills.
- Individual must be creative, self-motivated, and an independent thinker.
- Prior project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is preferred.
- Experience with PLM, SolidWorks, Altium and other development tools such as Kiel or IAR.
- Aptitude for detail with the ability to work in a cross functional team environment required.
- Fundamental understanding of Robotics a plus.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.