Director, Customs & Trade Compliance
Minimum 10 Years experience in Supply Chain, Customs and Trade
Venteon is currently seeking an experienced Director of Supply Chain / Customs & Trade to fill an opening with a Tier 1 Supplier located in the Detroit area. The ideal candidates should have extensive Supply Chain experience, and a strong knowledge of global customs and trade regulations.
Requirements of the Director, Customs & Trade Compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field
- Operational understanding of global trade compliance issues, including deep experience and comprehensive knowledge of import and export trade laws and regulations
- Superior role model leadership behaviors ability to lead an organization (and influence others)
- Progressive responsibilities in all areas of customs and trade compliance
- Clear understanding and experience in all facets of international trade across a global supply chain including tariffs, duty (drawback), FTZ, regulations, trade compliance, bonded warehousing, etc.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility across the organization and to engage and influence others to ensure the most effective and efficient solutions for the varied business units
Benefits of the Director, Customs & Trade Compliance
- Competitive salary
- Advancement potential
- Full time
- Paid time off
- Medical / Dental / Vision
Responsibilities of the Director, Customs & Trade Compliance
- Oversight and management of global trade compliance program in coordination with Finance, Legal and Internal Audit to ensure the Company is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including U.S. export control laws and regulations.
- Responsible for corporate global alignment of, education, training, program development, implementation, maintenance and audit of customs compliance, free trade agreements, export control, trade compliance and CTPAT.
- Global oversight of Global Trade Compliance and Brokerage/Customs Activities and interpretation of applicable regulations and regulatory trade requirements.
- Program manage the implementation of new Global Trade Management system.
- Maintain awareness of worldwide global trade regulatory requirements, primarily United States and Mexico, secondary Asia, Europe, India and South America.
- Strategic resource to advise senior management on global trade compliance requirements as well as with respect to global issues.
- Work collaboratively with SCM Leadership to ensure robust internal controls are integrated into operational processes and procedures.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.