Minimum 5 Years of experience as Design Engineer
Venteon is currently looking for an experienced Design Engineer to fill an opening with large manufacturing company in Exeter. The ideal candidate should be able to show a demonstrated history of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing setting.
Requirements of the Design Engineer
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering and 2 or more years engineering experience working in a R&D environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must be able to clearly, concisely, and accurately convey ideas and information to others, both verbally and in written form.
- Must be proficient using CAD software to create parametric solid models and associated drawings (SolidWorks highly preferred).
- Experience using a PLM system such as Agile is preferred.
- Must be capable of performing moderately complex analyses such as FEA, kinematic and dynamic motion, CFD, and/or heat transfer.
- Must be able to generate clear, fully dimensioned, ASME Y14.5 compliant drawings of complex parts using logical datum structures and functional dimensioning schemes. Must be familiar with GD&T symbology and standard inspection methods. Capable of completing complex tolerance stack analyses. Proficiency with tolerance stack software is preferred.
- Must have a basic understanding of manufacturing methods including machining, metal injection molding, plastic injection molding, stamping/fine blanking, extrusion, forging, and casting.
- Must have practical experience with mechanical assembly. Must be able to define problems, collect data using tools such as HSV, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and proposing viable solutions.
Benefits of the Design Engineer
- 1st Shift
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Full-time, direct-hire position
- Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer
- Develop innovative mechanical subsystem designs which meet product requirements and cost targets.
- Generate and check drawings, ensuring a functional dimensioning scheme, appropriate GD&T, and ASME Y14.5 compliance. Perform statistical tolerance stack analyses to optimize tolerancing schemes. Identify QAPs with consideration for tolerance stack contributions, and Quality Function/FMECA characteristics.
- Independently complete moderately complex, accurate, sub-system analyses using two or more of the following tools: FEA, Motion, CFD, heat transfer or other software.
- Process change orders thru the PLM system for the release and revision of parts, assemblies, and SKUs. Determine appropriate part dispositions and status levels.
- Independently generate logical and thorough test plans to evaluate new or modified product designs. Work with test technicians to complete testing as needed. Compile and analyze test data, formulating plausible hypotheses and rational conclusions. Generate test reports and formulate recommendations for future action.
- Initiate design for manufacturability reviews with teammates, manufacturing engineers, and vendors. Propose viable methods of reducing part costs. Evaluate part inspection data and determine the acceptability of non-conformances, providing feedback to suppliers.
- Develop and manage Intellectual Property thru patent searches, patent applications, and trade studies.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of technical information, analytical methods, design practices, and other R&D activities. Engage in 5S activities.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.