Job Category: 1 - Accounting & Finance
Job Number: JO10000192
Pay Rate: $100,000.00
VENTEON Finance is hiring a CREDIT / COLLECTIONS MANAGER to provide support in the Ann Arbor, MI area.
You will support a global organization in the areas of credit approval and management, and cash/collections management. This is a position of high authority interfacing with all levels of staff and upper management. Seeking a person with tenacity, able to handle lots of moving parts and enjoys doing so.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Direct Hire. Hybrid work environment post training.
PAY: $90,000 to $110,000 salary plus bonus potential, benefits package, and PTO.
Requirements of the Credit and Collections Manager:
Duties of the Credit and Collections Manager:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, business, or related area is required.
- Minimum seven to ten years of accounting work experience that includes credit, invoicing, cash, and collection activities required.
- Experience supporting a large company with multiple locations needed. Manufacturing or industrial company experience is extremely beneficial.
- Hands on working manager experience required. Confident in leading teams and presenting to management. A self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Software skills with Word, Excel ( with pivot tables, VLOOKUP s, formulas, macros). Skills using SAP ERP or other ERP system is required.
- Manage and support a team of three staff members by training, delegating, and motivating them to succeed.
- Perform new customer reviews and determine credit line to extend. Gain information and assess risk factors. Ongoing management of customer credit limits based on payment history and other factors. Review large accounts credit utilization monthly and take necessary actions. Keep up to date on industry credit trends.
- Manage daily cash applications with the daily reconciliation and balancing for several entities. Weekly and monthly working capital forecasts in relation to eight week and twelve-month rolling forecasts.
- Generation and distribution of monthly A/R aging reports using SAP tools. Generating monthly KPI reports for management reviews.
- Oversee collection of outstanding invoices pitching in where needed to accomplish mission critical goals. Work to achieve collection target of 95% of aging in current status providing the company with strong working capital.
- Handle escalated issues from the team and develop solutions for the problems that arise. Effectively address customer concerns and disruptions. Promotion of strong working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Perform monthly Bad Debt evaluations. Work with sales teams and leadership to discuss collection strategies and ramifications for non-payment.
- Developing best practices to streamline workflows and improve processes. Improve benchmarking metrics and key performance indicators for dashboard reporting.
- Strong focus on SOX compliance and strengthening current procedures.
- Ensure online customer portals are maintained and utilized to maximize information flow.
- Co-Lead the management of all customer master data within SAP.
- Development of all applicable policies and procedures for the area, including authoring new process improvements and updates to standard workflow documentation.
- Enforce all corporate SOX policies regarding receivable accounts and credit reporting requirements.
- Participate in Audit process, including performing key CSA s.
If you are a high performer and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to MLudwig@venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today.