Our Client in Auburn Hills , MI is looking for a Controls Project Engineer
Controls Project Engineer to join our Software & Testing Solutions (STS) group as a full-time employee. Controls Project Engineers are an integral part of a variety of interesting and challenging projects and provides individuals with an exceptional opportunity to experience state-of-the-art technology and be on the forefront of innovation.
Controls Project Engineer works closely with customers, project management, purchasing, and manufacturing to execute the controls content on assigned projects. Tasks will include or require delegating the following: gather system requirements, create specifications, drawing packages, and PLC and DAQ software. They utilize their technical skills to design, develop, and validate advanced powertrain test systems including combustion engine, transmission, e-motor, battery, inverter test systems. Responsibilities will also include working on project teams, developing expertise in electronics and controls related areas, and working directly with customers and suppliers.
Responsibilities for a Controls Project Engineer
- Author hardware and system documentation including specifications, schematics, DAQ definition, BOMs, sequence of operations, etc.
- Develop custom hardware solutions in both team and lone environments
- Identify hardware tools and techniques that will benefit the project
- Research and identify potential system components
- Manage hardware and system documentation
- Support the controls design team for a variety of projects encompassing several aspects of powertrain and vehicle/component development from the concept phase through detail design, manufacturing, and commissioning.
- Communicate with customers to determine design requirements and specifications for a project and participate in regular design reviews to ensure those requirements are being met.
- Conduct projects with a high level of professionalism while meeting and/or exceeding our clients' technical and timing expectations within the predefined project budget limits.
- Produce a final deliverable drawing package made to customer specifications and industry standards
- Troubleshoot and fix design and manufacturing issues with the Project Manager and Manufacturing Team.
- Be able to back up engineering decisions using data and engineering analysis.
Basic Qualifications for a Controls Project Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in EE or CE (or equivalent experience)
- At least 5 years of controls design experience including: Electrical, Pneumatics and Fluids
- Interface with customers, engineers, and technical project managers to develop hardware requirements, schedules and budgets
- Experience designing analog and digital I/O circuitry
- Debugging skills including utilization of logic analyzers, DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience
- Knowledge of LISP a bonus
- Microsoft Excel advanced user
- xLOOKUP, conditional formatting, charts, data validation,
- Knowledge of NEC (specifically chapter 2, 3 & 7), NFPA 79 & UL 508A
- Wire gauges & fuse/circuit breaker sizing
- Grounding & bonding
Preferred Qualifications for a Controls Project Engineer
- Motivated, with ability to work with minimal guidance
- Coordinate with other departments such as Project Management, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to ensure proper components are purchased and assembled to meet the project timeline and budget.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and delegating tasks
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: Bmichel@venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.