10 plus years of experience as a Corporate ControllerVenteon Finance is currently seeking an experienced Corporate Controller for a leading manufacturing company located in the Detroit area. This position will provide leadership and oversight of the accounting operation of the organization, including responsibility for the design of the accounting structure and control environment, and a robust system for comparison of actual results to forecasts and plans. Requirements of the Corporate Controller
Responsibilities of the Corporate Controller
- Bachelor s Degree required in accounting or business administration.
- Master s degree and CPA Certification preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a Corporate Controller or equivalent financial roles of increasing responsibility.
- Prior experience in a private equity owned stand-alone business is strongly preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with experience with multiple ERP systems.
- Strong GAAP knowledge
- Oversee the operation of the accounting department and ensure that the department's goals and objectives are met.
- Direct monthly accounting closing and consolidation process
- Work with senior management to develop forecasts and annual plans to provide investors, lenders, and management with adequate information to assess the financial and operational status of the business.
- Oversee production of monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting and financial reports, and analysis against monthly forecasts and annual plans.
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure that critical financial controls are functioning as documented per the corporate guidelines
- Lead cost and profitability analysis by providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; providing actionable recommendations.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to email@example.com.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today