Venteon Finance is hiring an ACCOUNTING MANAGER to provide support for a construction company in Roseville, MI.
POSITION TYPE: Full time, Onsite (4 days onsite plus 1 day remote after onboarding period). 6 month Contract-to-Hire.
PAY: $120,000 to $140,000 annually based on education and experience level ($60-$68.00 per hour).
Requirements of the Accounting Manager:
Duties of the Accounting Manager:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related.
- 7-10 years of work experience in Accounting that includes overseeing the Accounting team.
- Construction/ Real Estate industry experience is a must.
- Accounting oversight that includes percentage of completion billing, AIA billing, lien waivers, making sure vendors and sub-contractors are paid timely, and cash management.
- Competence with Month end close, journal entries, reconciliation of vendor/client accounts, bank accounts, and GL accounts. Able to generate and analyze financial reports.
- Able to process payroll for 30 employees.
- Ability to interface with Public accounting firms and financial consultants.
- Oversee and delegate work for one Accounting Analyst performing AP/AR/Collections activities. Handle escalated accounting issues.
- Process payroll for a team of 30 using an outside payroll vendor.
- Maintain the company s cash flow ensuring that there are funds to cover sub-contractor payments, and accounts payable by using cash collections/credit line/ loan draws.
- Review Percentage of Completion and AIA billing generated by the Analyst for accuracy. Make any corrections needed.
- Prepare for and perform all month end closing activities including generating journal entries, calculating accruals, reconciling all types of accounts.
- Ensure job costing is captured accurately.
- Produce and analyze financial reports and budgets.
- Work with financial consultants and public accounting firms as needed.
- Maintain good working relationships with interna team and the subcontractors used on a regular basis.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to MLudwig@venteon.us.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position. At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today.