Job Category: 1 - Accounting & Finance
Job Number: JO10000095
Pay Rate: $75,000.00
VENTEON Finance is hiring a COMMODITY BUYER to provide support for a small manufacturer in Brighton, MI. You will serve as the sole person buying for Commodities and MRO for two locations. You will be responsible for overseeing all purchasing for the company and material requirements planning (MRP). Work closely with department managers to ensure proper inventory, and with the engineering department during product development for inventory sourcing.POSITION TYPE: Full time. In the office work with flexible start time. PAY: $70,000 to $80,000 annual plus PTO, Benefits, and 401K programRequirements of the Commodity Buyer:
Responsibilities of the Commodity Buyer:
- Degree required with six (6) years of Buyer work experience OR minimum of eight (8) years of purchasing and supply chain management experience.
- Purchasing experience automotive, manufacturing, or related industry required. Can be a combination of MRO and Commodity buying. Minimum two (2) years of Commodity Buying.
- Must have supplier contract / rate negotiation experience including managing the supply base.
- Must have previous experience working in an ERP system (enterprise resource planning).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and ability to learn and utilize other computer applications as necessary.
- Strong analytical skills. Strong organizational, planning, communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
If you are a high performer and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to MLudwig@venteon.comWe treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position. At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, and IT talent in the industry today.#VTN1
- Order materials, supplies and or/equipment based on new or updated customer orders or company requests.
- Manage supplier relationships. Researching and vetting new suppliers as needed.
- Establishing key supplier partnerships and negotiating long-term agreements.
- Manage and track metal market and price changes.
- Update the supplier performance metric and assign ratings for supplier performance.
- Manage any procurement activities including RFQ s.
- Liaison with other departments, particularly manufacturing, quality, sales, and shipping in regarding material issues, delivery dates or supplier issues.
- Support new program launches and interface with internal customers on critical supplier issues.
- Verifying material certificates and PPAP documentation are received accordingly.
- Track open orders and communicate pick up dates with shipping supervisor.
- Manage supplier quality certificates, CQI documents, Prop65 and conflict mineral reports.
- Work with quality to assure quality standards are met.
- Track the status of open orders.
- Investigation and resolution of product related customer complaints.
- Conduct necessary supplier visits.
- Assist and support forecasts to ensure transparent purchasing.
- Perform inventory cycle counts internally and externally.
- Any other responsibilities deemed appropriate by the President.