Growing local Credit Union seeking Chief Financial OfficerVenteon Finance is currently seeking a CFO for a growing local community Credit Union in the metro Detroit area. The CFO is responsible for directing and managing all practices and activities in the Finance and Accounting functions for the credit union. Requirements of the Chief Financial Officer
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a senior management position- financial institution setting required
- Must have knowledge of various federal regulations and compliance
Responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer
- Manage auditing, accounting, and recordkeeping activities of the credit union to ensure they meet generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP).
- Make recommendations relating to budget preparation, income forecasts, and operational changes as needed.
- Oversee and manage the financial and accounting functions of the credit union to include: ALM, AP, AR, budgets, collections, GL, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, investments, and taxes.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures for the Accounting/Finance department. Ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
- Participate in the credit union's long and short-term strategic planning. Oversee budget planning, preparation and administration processes to control operating expenses and achieve credit union's strategic direction.
- Communicate with the Board of Directors, and senior leadership team regarding strategic recommendations, financial results and policies which effect the credit union to assure that they are informed about matters which affect the financial institution.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to email@example.com.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today