Venteon is currently seeking a 1st shift CNC Setup Technician to fill an opening with a Growing company in New Hampshire The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience.
Are you looking to advance your career as a CNC Setup Technician. If so we have a great opportunity for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities of the 1st Shift CNC Setup Technician
- Successfully setup proven / existing programs and processes with minimum supervision / guidance.
- Proficiency in setting up either vertical or horizontal CNC multi axis machining centers or multi turret lathes with multi-part holding fixtures including defining work and tool offsets.
- Setup and measurement of tooling in a variety of holders.
- Ability to read and edit part programs in order to establish initial set-up and mapping the machine out for production readiness.
- Basic troubleshooting skills in identifying/resolving part tolerance issues caused by various setup, programming, tooling issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in fast paced team environment while maintaining professionalism under tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with variety of materials including aluminum, 400 series stainless, mild steel, etc.
- Maintain inventory by verifying receipt of stock and performing necessary completion transactions in ERP system.
- Train operators on best practices with both machine operation and quality inspection methods.
- Ability to perform calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part dimensions.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to control plan standards.
- Maintains specifications by taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Testing of safety features of a machine during setup.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Familiarity and understanding of basic Lean principles including 5S and Visual Management.
- Operate machines when set-up work is complete.
Skill Level of the 1st Shift CNC Setup Technician
- Can set-up and map out effectively with minimal supervision at least one category of machines (CNC Horizontals, Verticals or Lathes) or product line (slides, frames, rifles or barrels).
- Can identify and replace worn or damaged fixturing components.
- Will make tooling recommendations and troubleshoot tooling problems.
- Can make or direct minor modifications to tooling.
- Can read programs and make changes to speeds and feeds as well as making fixture offsets without supervision on at least one category of machines (CNC Horizontals, Verticals or Lathes).
Education of the 1st Shift CNC Setup Technician
- Minimum 8+ years- experience as a CNC Machine Operator Level III or equivalent.
- Machinist apprenticeship highly desired.
- Technical college work preferred.
- Machine Operation Experience.
- Has operated at least two of these types of machines proficiently.
- Horizontal Machining Centers, Vertical Machining (including multi axis) or CNC Lathes (multi-turrets).
Benefits for the CNC Technician
- Ability to grow and advance within the company
- Direct training with Electrical Engineers which could open the opportunity to become an Electrical Engineer.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Educational Assistance
- Pet Insurance
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.