Harvard Resource Solutions is seeking an Assistant Facility Security Officer on a direct hire basis for their software client in Ann Arbor, MI.
Job Responsibilities of Assistant Facility Security Officer:
Qualifications of Assistant Facility Security Officer:
- Assist the FSO in implementing, monitoring, and ensuring compliance with security procedures in accordance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Keep up-to-date with applicable laws, regulations, and industry guidance that impact government security requirements and assist the FSO in the design, development, and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Assist the FSO in the management and maintenance of our client's alarm systems.
- Assist the FSO in responding to and investigating alarms at our client's 1229 Building.
- Control visitor ingress/egress. Brief visitors regarding applicable security requirements for the 1229 Building. Escort visitors and non-cleared personnel.
- Process, manage, and maintain records of classified visitor requests.
- Process and manage initial clearance requests, clearance transfers, and periodic reinvestigations. Maintain a list of active clearances for employee training and DCSA reporting.
- Conduct the initial security briefing and SF 312 completion for cleared personnel. Conduct the exit debrief and SF 312 completion for cleared employees leaving our client's organization.
- Ensure proper handling of classified information and materials.
- Request, track, and monitor DD 254s.
- Prepare / Manage classified (and unclassified) documents for receiving, packaging, shipping, and destruction. Assign Document Control Numbers and confirm delivery instructions. Maintain the Document Control master file to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Investigate spills, losses, violations, and infractions involving classified information and materials. Assist FSO with reporting to the appropriate agency.
- Collect data, conduct internal audits, and self-inspections to ensure that our client complies with all applicable security requirements. Complete reports as required.
- Prepare for and complete DCSA periodic inspections.
- Maintain all required facility paperwork and accreditations.
- Update Self-Inspection Handbook.
- Assist the FSO in managing and complying with DCSA security training requirements. Supervise the Security Specialist to annually develop, update, and implement security training for all cleared personnel at all locations.
- Assist with and present briefings and refresher training for briefed personnel regarding their obligations to protect classified information and materials.
- With assistance from the Security Specialist, manage foreign travel notifications.
- With assistance from the Security Specialist, maintain digital security files for all cleared personnel.
- Assist the FSO and other AFSOs with the administrative details of our client's security program.
- Perform general clerical duties, as required.
- Assist the 1229 Facility Maintenance Coordinator by responding to building maintenance requests and coordinating appropriate actions with the Director of Facilities.
- Organize and assist with personnel office moves.
- Excellent customer service skills for internal employees and external customers and vendors
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills
- Ability to multi-task to handle multiple requests and follow-up with various staff members on tasks assigned.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures and office equipment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance as a condition of continued employment.
- Having a current Secret Clearance is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of NISPOM, JPAS, and other Government-related policies and databases is desirable.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Desirable: Bachelor s Degree
- Two (2) years of experience in an administrative capacity supporting a federal contractor, or two years of military service, or two years in law enforcement.
- Working experience as an AFSO/FSC/CPSO/ACPSO is highly desirable.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high-performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply for this job and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Harvard Resource Solutions, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Administrative & Clerical talent in the industry today.