Venteon Finance is hiring an ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCOUNTANT to provide support in Troy, MI. You will assist an insurance company by completing ad hoc accounting tasks such as financial data entry and making updates in the accounting system.
POSITION TYPE: Full time. Onsite to start. Hybrid possible after training/orientation period
PAY: $ 50,000 to $ 60,000 annual based on education and skill level
Requirements of the Accounts Payable Accountant:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or related degree plus 3 years of Accounts Payable work experience highly desired. Will accept 5 years of related Accounts Payable work experience as well.
- Understanding of GAAP. Able to create/analyze/post/reconcile journal entries and support month end close activities. Previous experience preparing and sending1099's.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel is required. Excel skills must include experience with pivot tables and VLookups.
- Experience with Oracle software is highly desired. Will also accept candidates with SAP or other high level ERP system.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Accountant:
- Vendor maintenance and set up.
- Invoice entry, payment creation, and payment processing.
- Prepare and enter journal entries. Analyze and reconcile General Ledger balances.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Assist with the escheats process to include due diligence, maintenance, research, and timely remittance.
- Prepare Form 1099 files annually and submit accurate information to the recipients and IRS in accordance with the legal deadlines.
- Research, analyze, and monitor expenses for financial reporting and budgeting.
- Improve efficiencies in all aspects of department processes and procedures.
- Assist with special projects as required.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to SBLair@venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today.