Venteon Finance is hiring an ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ANALYST to provide support for a service company in the Novi, MI area. You will ensure vendors are paid on time and accurately. In addition, you will manage the expense reimbursement process and reconcile accounts as well as credit card statements.
POSITION TYPE: Full time. Direct Hire. In Office. PAY: $50,000 to $55,000 annual plus PTO and benefits package.
Requirements of the Accounts Payable Analyst:
- Accounting, Finance or Business degree desired, not required. Knowledge and application of GAAP, debit, credits, and charging expenses to the correct accounts is required.
- 5+ years of work experience in accounting that includes processing vendor invoices for payment via 3 way match (invoice-PO-Inventory) and via non PO process. Accounts Payable skills with batching invoices, and generating payments via ACH, checks, etc.
- Solid reconciliation skills (Analyzing vendor accounts, expenses, credit card statements, general ledger account balances, etc.) are needed.
- Experience supporting the month end close process: analyzing statements, and GL account balances for accuracy and running AP reports. Ability to create and post journal entries a major plus.
- Good analysis, math skills, and problem solving capability.
- Technical requirements: MS Office including strong capability with Excel. Prior experience with Accounting/ERP systems required (NetSuite skills are a major plus).
Duties of the Accounts Payable Analyst:
- Retrieve and analyze vendor invoices for payment. Enter them into the system by performing 2 or 3 way matching and charging the expense to the correct GL account.
- Work directly with purchasing and shipping/receiving to resolve any purchase order or GR/IR (goods receipt/invoice receipt) account errors so invoices can clear for payment.
- Batch invoices, gain approvals to pay, process payment runs, disburse payments.
- Provide direct support for vendors and answer internal questions.
- Reconcile credit card statements monthly.Ensure expenses are coded to the correct expense accounts, and the supporting receipts match.
- Provide support for month end close: Ensure all invoices are in the system, analyze vendor statements, run AP reports, tie out Accounts Payable GL account balance, assist in generating AP accrual entries.
- Provide support for accounting projects.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to JRivas@venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive corresppndence, you may not be a fit for this position.