Venteon Finance is hiring an ACCOUNTANT to provide support for a manufacturer in Auburn Hills, MI. You will support the accounting team in Accounts receivable /Cash, calculating and reporting taxes, and supporting the month end close process.
POSITION TYPE: Full time, direct hire position with PTO and benefits PAY: $60,000 to $70,000 Annual
Requirements of the Accountant:
Duties of the Accountant:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Four years of Accounting experience that specifically includes Accounts Receivable invoice generation and cash applications. Experience working in automotive portals a plus.
- Experience with Taxes. (Corporate Tax, Sales and Use tax, and Royalty tax) .
- Ability to analyze, generate and reconcile journal entries for month end close. Experience generating financial reports.
- Prior experience providing financial information for internal and external audits.
- Technical skills: Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required. SAP or other ERP system experience is also required.
- Accounts Receivable: Retrieve and apply payment information and posting to client accounts. Reconcile cash daily and run cash reports as requested. Backup to Treasury team.
- Compute royalty and warranty costs.
- Review AR invoices and backup documentation for accuracy to support future audits.
- Work with Director and external tax firm by providing information on Corporate tax, sales and Use taxes and Royalty taxes. Research and update tax information. Support tax matters.
- File corporate paperwork with Government offices as needed.
- Provide direct support for the month end closing process including reconciliation and tie out of GL accounts and producing reports.
- Provide support for quarterly and annual audits such as preparing working papers, reports, sample pulls etc.
If you are a high performer and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to apply to this job and email your resume to MLudwig@venteon.comWe treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon, our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering and IT talent in the industry today.