2ND SHIFT TOOL & DIE MAKER NEEDED - MILAN, MICHIGAN
A Leading Automotive Supplier in the Milan, Michigan area is in need of a 2nd Shift Tool & Die Maker. Prospective Candidates should have Metal Stamping expertise and a Journeyman's Card or 3 to 5 years of experience in the Tool & Die Trade.
This is a Full Time, Permanent, Direct Hire Position offering Competitive Compensation, Growth & Bonus Potential, Tuition Reimbursement, Good Benefits, Paid Holidays & Paid Vacation.
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and machinist's hand tools by performing the following duties.
- Develop, maintain and upgrade fixtures and gages.
- Perform general fixture and gage maintenance.
- Demonstrates good short and long term decision making in the following:
- Press-room Troubleshooting
- Problem Identification and Solution
- Tool Room Repair and Maintenance Work and
- Tool Room Machining Practices
- Promotes teamwork and displays a willingness to work with others.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Determine specifications for inspection of work, using full range of precision measuring and gauging tools to perform inspection before, during and after machining.
- Performs extensive die maintenance such as rebuilding die sections, retrimming pads and forms and engineering changes on all types of dies.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, blanchard and surface grinder to machine parts and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces to fit and assemble parts together into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances.
- Hand or spot grind Iron to Iron and Metal Out.
- Heat treats tools or parts.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures to recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: GHubbard@Venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.