3RD SHIFT TOOL & DIE MAKER - DUNDEE, MICHIGAN
A Leading Automotive Supplier in the Dundee, Michigan area is in need of a 3rd Shift Tool and Die Maker. This is a Full Time, Permanent, Direct Hire Position offering Competitive Hourly Compensation, Off Shift Premium, Good Benefits, Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays.
The Tool & Die Maker must be able to run all tool room machinery. They must also be able to do extensive die maintenance and upgrade tooling of all sorts. The Tool and Die Maker must also be able to build new tooling such as dies, fixtures, gauges, etc.
- Must be able to view CAD drawings / prints and understand datum structure, GD&T, and general tolerancing.
- Must be able to conventionally machine (bridgeport, surface grinder, drill press, lathe, etc.)
- Be able to assemble die referencing drawings provided.
- Know how to "time out" a die
- Be able to set proper die clearances for trims, holes, and forms.
- Setting dies (hilo)
- Setting coils (crane)
- Starting strip, setting feeder (progression), setting pilot release, and making ram adjustments
- While Die is in Press, must be capable of:
- Reading strip
- Modifying tool to clear for interferences
- Use conventional layout tools (surface plate, angle plate, height gage, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, ...) as well as check aids (provided) to determine quality of parts at initial tryout.
- Read strip, determine what changes are needed in the tool and make those changes
- Develop trim-line using gridded laser-cut strips work with CMM Programmer in compilation of layout and capability data.
- Must be able to paint, stencil, and finalize die for production prior to shipment.
- Once die has shipped, must:
- Willing to travel to other Manufacturing Plants to support home-line tryout.
- Work with plant personnel to make tooling adjustments as necessary to support 300 PC PPAP requirement.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 3 plus years of Die Making experience.
- Progressive & Transfer Die Experience needed.
- Ability to run all tool room and precision equipment efficiently.
- Ability to Read and Interpret Blueprints
- Experience in a Custom Die Shop is preferred
- Journeyman Card / Certification is desired but not required
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: GHubbard@Venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.