3RD SHIFT TOOL & DIE MAKER'S NEEDED - BELLEVILLE, MICHIGAN
A Leading Automotive Supplier in the Belleville, Michigan area has an exciting opportunity for experienced Tool & Die Maker's. These are Full Time, Permanent, Direct Hire Positions offering Competitive Compensation, Bonus Potential, Off Shift Premium, Good Benefits, Paid Holidays & Paid Vacation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and troubleshoot tooling that is not performing to standards.
- Repair tools, dies and fixtures throughout the facility.
- Assemble machine tools, parts, or fixtures.
- Maintain tools per defined blueprints and work effectively on tooling to support the production schedule.
- Maintain job books to confirm repairs for tooling.
- Recommend changes in tooling, methods or materials for cost effectiveness and avoid production delays.
- Ability to order details and update Plex system on tooling updates/status.
- Individual should have advance understanding of MIG/TIG welding tool steel. Including but not limited to A-2, D-2, S-7, 4140 and O-1 steel.
- Must be capable of operating equipment such as mills, lathes, saws, grinders, and drilling machines.
- Must be able to grind tool steel and shim trim steel and punches.
- Associate must have ability to read and understand blue print or die/tooling details. Must be able to study blueprints, sketches, models or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Individual must have demonstrated ability to read measuring devices including calipers, micrometer and liner calipers.
- Willingness to assist in ensuring 5-S standards of housekeeping are maintained in tool room area.
- Ensures Lockout / Tag-Out procedures are followed when working on equipment.
- Recommends shut down of equipment if found to be unsafe or not capable of performing to specifications.
Education & Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum 8 years prior experience in the die maker/die repair trade, journeyman card preferred.
- Minimum 5-years experience with high level stampings.
- Must work quickly, efficiently, and independently.
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English is required.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and blue prints.
- Basic computer skills required, able to learn and use our MRP system Plex.
- Must have own tools.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: GHubbard@Venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.