Our client in Sterling Heights, Michigan is in need of a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor
The Production Supervisor ensures that production requirements, product quality and local environmental standards are met and maintained with a focus on health and safety and continuous improvement through leadership, training and effective communications.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Performs all necessary supervisory functions to effectively and efficiently manage the personnel assigned including communicating areas of accountability, standards of performance, performance appraisals and training, hiring and wage recommendations.
- Formulate and recommend production policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Act as liaison between department management/subordinate levels as well as department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decision, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with all other company employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Assist Operations Manager in the development and formulation of long and short range planning, policies and objectives
- Understands and adheres to the Collective Agreement as required.Take corrective action as necessary on timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Keeps Operations Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems, unusual matters, or other matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Assist with new launches as directed and required. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by the Operations Manager
- Minimum Grade 12 with 2 3 years supervisory experience.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.