Venteon is currently seeking a 3rd Shift Machining Supervisor to fill an opening with a growing company in Exeter, New Hampshire The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience.
Hours of the 3rd shift Machining Supervisor
10:30-PM to 6:45 AM Monday-Friday
Salary of the 3rd shift Machining Supervisor
Duties of the 3rd shift Machining Supervisor
- Support, lead, coordinate, and integrate operational resources into a culture of practicing environmental, health, and safety policies and working practices.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Manage the work of 100+ employees who operate a variety of machine tools of different complexity.
- Develop, implement, and continuously optimize labor structures applicable to Standard Work Kaizen labor models within and throughout the value streams.
- Ensure 5S standards are maintained throughout the factory floor.
- Participate in various 5S and lean standard work events.
- Develop, implement, and continuously optimize operational documentation (i.e., FMEA, control plans, work instructions, production reports) within and throughout the value stream.
- Develop, implement, and continuously optimize training objectives, skill set building initiatives, schedules, and development metrics for subordinate positions.
- Maintain established lean flow lines, identify, and troubleshoot issues affecting flow outside of the established lean/flow process and correct them.
- Implement, support, and continuously optimize strategy deployment initiatives as applicable within and throughout the value stream.
- Manage operators that perform finishing or secondary operations throughout the factory.
- Manage operations such as manual and CNC milling, mill/turn, lathes, broach, Swiss, and other hand operations.
- Implement, support, and continuously optimize production capacity models against sales forecasts.
- Ensure operators perform quality work by performing dimensional and visual audits of the operator s production.
- Identify issues with cycle time and notify the appropriate engineers.
- Identify the training needs of operators and ensure the operators receive additional training as needed until the operator is fully trained in operational and quality standards.
- Coordinate training activities on the floor in corroboration with other managers, leads, supervisors, and training managers.
- Counsel employees and monitor employee progress; intervene with additional support when necessary and appropriate.
- Assists in the timely management of all communication, both written and oral, with a variety of stakeholders within the Exeter location.
- Work with the Machining Director to develop and set the pace for execution of continual improvement of all Machining operations with a focus on elimination of waste and development of people and processes.
- Responsible for operational improvement projects/initiatives across the department by developing enthusiastic, motivated, and flexible teams and working relationships across departments.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement in the department by deploying and executing the 5S framework to ensure consistent and rigorous application throughout the team in line with best practices.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- GD&T experience is a plus
- Machining experience is a plus but NOT required
Education and/or Experience of the 3rd Shift Machining Supervisor
- 5-8 years MINIMUM of related work experience is required.
- 2 years MINIMUM Supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- ASBM or ASME is preferred
- Experience in LEAN Principles and Strategy Deployment; prefer green belt or black belt certified.
- Prefer formal 5S training.
- Experience with factory safety requirements, MSDS, and accident investigations.
- Computer skills required: MS Office, Oracle, SPC programs, etc.is REQUIRED
- Experience supporting and implementing advanced technologies (i.e., operations set-up, new equipment development, and process development).
- A proven track record of results in a complex environment where multi-tasking and excellent judgment and decision-making skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of project management concepts, practices, and techniques (Project Management certification is a plus).
- Firearms technical and functional experience is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment with an ability to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- GD&T is a Plus
Benefits for the 3rd Shift Machining Supervisor
- Ability to grow and advance within the company
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Educational Assistance
- Pet Insurance
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.