2ND SHIFT TOOL & DIE MAKER NEEDED - DETROIT, MICHIGAN
A Leading Automotive Supplier in the Detroit, Michigan area is in need of a 2nd Shift Tool and Die Maker. This is a Full Time, Permanent, Direct Hire Position offering Competitive Hourly Compensation, Off Shift Premium, Good Benefits, Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation.
- To build new tooling such as stamping dies, fixtures and gages by performing the following duties.
- Performs all duties and operates machinery & equipment according to MIOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, ear plugs, etc)
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts and make repairs
- Measures, marks and scribes metal stock for machining
- Sets up and operates machines tools such as lathes, milling machines, blanchard and surface grinder to machine parts and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications
- Lists machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable
- Smooth flat and contoured surfaces to fit and assemble parts together into assemblies and mechanisms
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances
- Perform hand operations involved in producing jigs, fixtures, tools and dies.
- Uses hand tools of the trade
- Determine specifications for inspection of work, using full range of precision measuring and gauging tools to perform inspection before, during and after machining
- Participates in continuous improvement
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.