Mason, MI 48854 US
2ND & 3RD SHIFT TOOL & DIE MAKER'S NEEDED - LANSING, MICHIGAN
A Leading Automotive Supplier in the Lansing, Michigan area is in need of 2nd and 3rd Shift Tool & Die Maker's. These are Full Time, Permanent, Direct Hire Positions offering Competitive Compensation, Bonus Potential, Good Benefits, Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation.
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machines, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, and gauges.
* Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, radial drill press, and grinders, to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
* Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
* Assembles and presets tooling for next operation during automated cycle to reduce machine downtime.
* Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
* Installs and assembles hydraulic lines and hydraulic components.
* Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances. Works to tolerances as close as zero.
* Smooth flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
* Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
* Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
* Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
* Adhere to Quality, Safety, and Environmental Policies.
* Understand and follow all required standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
A Journeyman's Card is Desired but not Required
Excellent tool making skills with a minimum of 5 years experience
Programming and CNC Machining experience preferred
Experience working with Progressive Metal Stamping Dies
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: GHubbard@Venteon.us.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.