MANUFACTURING ENGINEER NEEDED - JACKSON, MICHIGAN
A Leading Automotive Supplier in the Jackson, Michigan area is in need of a 1st Shift Manufacturing Engineer. This is a Full Time, Permanent, Direct Hire Position offering Competitive Compensation, Bonus Potential, Good Benefits, Paid Holidays and Vacation.
Will be responsible for increasing company profitability and improving employee working conditions by studying, recommending and implementing changes to existing and new manufacturing processes. They will also be accountable for collaborating with internal departments on new and existing program engineering requirements and process development.
- Develop and co-ordinate plant and equipment layout improvements, process improvements, to prepare Company for Just-In-Time manufacturing and TQC (Total Quality Control).
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard costs for all products.
- Co-ordinate and follow up on the smooth introduction of new product to the company assist in selecting appropriate suppliers for subcontracted operations.
- Research and pursue any potential operational opportunities for improvement in the Company's Operation to make the Company competitive in a JIT Manufacturing Environment.
- Advise Management of any potential problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Assist with any other projects as requested by the Plant Manager.
- Participates in the engineering change (ecn) process by designing / updating Process Failure Mode Effects Analyses (PFMEAs) as needed, reviewing all operators instructions, ensuring assembly equipment readiness, packaging requirements are met, and all other Process Engineering tasks are completed on the ECN Checklist before the change effective date.
- Maintains regular daily presence on the production floor and provides engineering support to assembly in areas of safety, ergonomic evaluations, methods improvement, procurement and fabrication of necessary equipment to improve/complete any required process additions and/or alterations, and responding to their concerns/suggestions.
- Consider all aspects of industrial plant engineering when designing and/or implementing process changes.
- Research, investigate and report manufacturing problems/concerns for improvement
- Implementing corrective actions to minimize process downtimes and rejects.
- Works in compliance with IATF16949 standards.
- Maintains due diligence in regard to environmental matters, minimize any potentially harmful accidents and work in compliance with ISO 14001.
- Will work in compliance with all legislative requirements of MIOSHA
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum (3) Three years’ experience in a related field or discipline.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing, processes, production reporting
- Strong Technical Report writing abilities.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees in the organization.
- Computer skills in the area of MS Office, and CAD(Solidworks)
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
If you are a high performer and would like to work for an equally high performing company and you think the above opportunity is appropriate for you, we invite you to submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: ghubbard@Venteon.com
We treat all resumes with strict confidentiality. We will always contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
At Venteon our talent acquisition team is proud to provide our clients with the most qualified Accounting & Finance, Engineering, IT and Administrative talent in the industry today.